Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
Nebeor

How do I avoid the wall insertion of my plugin?

I don't want my plugin to interfere with the Vectorworks walls because it isn't a door, neither a window.

so I tried to tweak with some object variables (varCreateCustomObjectDontInsertInWall),   

as well the SParametricDef struct that belongs to the plug-in object but without result.

How can I block the wall insertion of my plug-in object?

I'll thank you beforehand for your reply.

In Vectorscript it would be SetObjectVariableBoolean(ObjectHandle, 6709, True). It should be similar in the SDK.

In _EventSink::OnInitXProperties()

set:

extProps->SetObjectProperty(objectID, kObjXPropPreventWallInsertion, true);

varCreateCustomObjectDontInsertInWall is actually an application preference (var* are prefs and ov* are object variables). To use that, you would implement in the handle complete event of your custom tool — get the current setting, set to true, restore setting. This is equivalent of clicking the option in the mode bar.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 6:11 PM, JBenghiat said:

In _EventSink::OnInitXProperties()

set:

extProps->SetObjectProperty(objectID, kObjXPropPreventWallInsertion, true);

varCreateCustomObjectDontInsertInWall is actually an application preference (var* are prefs and ov* are object variables). To use that, you would implement in the handle complete event of your custom tool — get the current setting, set to true, restore setting. This is equivalent of clicking the option in the mode bar.

Thank you Joshua, this makes completely sense!