Updating Preferences? 8.52->9.0.0

Whenever I try to cut and paste data from one file to another, I get the following error:

"The currently selected preferences folder has to be converted from 8.5.2 to 9.0.0 format." I say OK and then VW replies: "The folder has already been converted to 9.0.0 format"

Then I'm stuck in a loop of the two prompts for 8 or more cycles. What's going on and how do I resolve it?

Thanks

Matthew,

You'll need to first convert the VW 8.5.2 file to VW 9 and then move forward.

However, I should note that VW 9.0.0 is not the most recent version of the program. You can update to VW 9.5.2 by contacting Customer service at 888-646-4223. The update is free for all registered users.

Thanks to both of you, I narrowed the issue. The problem is related to the "simple door" and "simple window" objects. In addition to cutting and pasting, any movement or tweaking of those objects will set off the error loop I mentioned before.

I'm using VW 11.5, but started a number of schematic projects back in v. 9.5. I opened (upgraded) the files to 11.5 and the residual window and door objects are now problematic!

It seems like SIMPLE window and door objects should be translated into the VW 11 Window and Door objects natively. Is there any way to make this work without manually deleting and replacing every window and door? Have other people been able to upgrade older files into VW 11.5 and work on them without this problem?

I'm stumped!

O.K. I finally straightened this out via Tech Support.

The solution for all those of you who might be updating 8x or 9x files to v.10x or 11x is to make sure that you run the "Update to V2" command found in: Tools->Utilities.

That will correct the problem for windows and doors.