Fire Door ID Tag

HWood

I don't know if you know about editing data tags or not, so I am going to go step by step.

1. Start with a Tag Style that you like.

2. Select the Tag and convert to Unstyled.

3. Click the Edit Tag Layout... button at the bottom of the OIP (will only be active with an unsettled tag).

4. If you want an additional piece of text add it as a placeholder and leave selected. If you want to reuse the existing piece of text select it.

5. You should have it say Text in Tag Layout in the OIP.

6. Make sure the Use Dynamic Text check box is selected in the OIP and click the Define Text Field... button.

7. In the Define Tag Field dialog box, make sure the Calculated Field radio button is selected.

8. If there is already anything in the Current Tag Field Definition, delete it.

9. Set the Data Source to Object Parameters.

10. Set the Object Name to Door - #Door#

11. Set the Parameter Name to Door Fire Rating - #DoorFR#

12. Click the Add to Definition button.

13. Click the OK button

14. Click the Exit Tag Layout Edit button at the top right.

15. If it does not look the way you want, go back and edit again.

16. Once it looks like you want, choose the Style Pulldown from the OIP and choose New Plug-in Style from Unstyled Plug-in.

17. The style is now only in this file. Use the Resource Browser to put it into a Favorite or even better into the Default Content (directions elsewhere on the forum)

Ask again if you need additional help.

• Like 3
On 7/11/2019 at 6:37 PM, Pat Stanford said:

I don't know if you know about editing data tags or not, so I am going to go step by step.

1. Start with a Tag Style that you like.

2. Select the Tag and convert to Unstyled.

3. Click the Edit Tag Layout... button at the bottom of the OIP (will only be active with an unsettled tag).

4. If you want an additional piece of text add it as a placeholder and leave selected. If you want to reuse the existing piece of text select it.

5. You should have it say Text in Tag Layout in the OIP.

6. Make sure the Use Dynamic Text check box is selected in the OIP and click the Define Text Field... button.

7. In the Define Tag Field dialog box, make sure the Calculated Field radio button is selected.

8. If there is already anything in the Current Tag Field Definition, delete it.

9. Set the Data Source to Object Parameters.

10. Set the Object Name to Door - #Door#

11. Set the Parameter Name to Door Fire Rating - #DoorFR#

12. Click the Add to Definition button.

13. Click the OK button

14. Click the Exit Tag Layout Edit button at the top right.

15. If it does not look the way you want, go back and edit again.

16. Once it looks like you want, choose the Style Pulldown from the OIP and choose New Plug-in Style from Unstyled Plug-in.

17. The style is now only in this file. Use the Resource Browser to put it into a Favorite or even better into the Default Content (directions elsewhere on the forum)

Ask again if you need additional help.

THANK YOU - this is very helpful. And the tag is added by just clicking on the ID tag tool in the pallet and then clicking on the door....super!

Now, how can I delete the tags I have already got on all the doors.... and then suddenly it has deleted all these new tags and says none of the doors are eligible!

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 10.11.41.png

Screenshot 2019-07-15 at 10.28.51.png

Edited by HWood
further problems detected