Callout Leader Lineweight

I'm trying to make the lines on my callouts thicker in my document so I changed the thickness under "Leader Attributes" in the OIP. It only increased the lineweight of the leader, not the shoulder lineweight as well (why would you ever beef up one but not the other...?). How do i beef up the shoulder line as well? Also, can i turn these callout attributes into a style or something like that which will update across my entire file? If it matters, these callouts were placed in a Sheet Layer Viewport Annotation.

1048017030_CalloutLeaderLine.thumb.JPG.fbfe4d11b936cd75b5222469c00748a9.JPG

I did some experimentation and the Attributes of the Callout seem very buggy once you've set them using the "Leader Attributes" dialog. It looks like the most reliable way to define Callout Attributes is to create a Callout class with the settings you want, make that class active and insert Callouts. If you select all the existing Callouts and switch them into the Callout class with use at creation turned on, the existing Callouts don't reliably take on the class attributes. This may need to be submitted as a bug.

If you define the line weight by class instead of using the "Leader Attributes" dialog, the shoulder and leader both change as expected (except the buggy-ness). I think the Leader Attributes button is really only intended for situations where you have multiple leaders from the same Callout and you want them to have different attributes.

Kevin

"Super Leader" is a user scripted tool (formerly available for a small fee from VectorDepot).  We still use it instead of the built-in leader tool.  It offers more control, arrow styles ... and yes, it auto-classes the leader and arrowhead separately for consistent display.  I'll send a note to Patrick McConnell to see if there is a way to make it available for newer users to access.

So I've just stumbled across the leader line lineweight issue today. The leader line attributes options in the OIP look like a real bug hole to me. I had weird graphics sticking to my leader lines then my computer froze up and I had to restart. I guess you  are supposed to toggle to the next segment to adjust individually, but yes, unless you want leader line segments different it seems best to avoid this feature. Occassionally I want different makers when I have multiple leader lines but that's about it.

• Like 1
On 7/10/2019 at 7:26 PM, Kevin McAllister said:

I did some experimentation and the Attributes of the Callout seem very buggy once you've set them using the "Leader Attributes" dialog. It looks like the most reliable way to define Callout Attributes is to create a Callout class with the settings you want, make that class active and insert Callouts. If you select all the existing Callouts and switch them into the Callout class with use at creation turned on, the existing Callouts don't reliably take on the class attributes. This may need to be submitted as a bug.

^ this issue was discussed and bug submitted in this other forum thread - 

KM

• Like 1