ueli

vectorworks 2019 not installing

Hi everyone.

I just purchased vectorworks 2019 and it quits while installing. Has someone had the same problem? I am using macOS High Sierra 10.13.6.

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 4.24.03 pm.png

Hi all

I also updated High Sierra and started the installation via Terminal and this is the report I am getting. 

/Volumes/Vectorworks2019-SP4-490894-OZ-eng-SeriesBEG-installer4-osx/Vectorworks\

2019\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Vectorworks\ 2019\ Installer ; exit;

ueli02:~ uelischmied$ /Volumes/Vectorworks2019-SP4-490894-OZ-eng-SeriesBEG-insta

ller4-osx/Vectorworks\ 2019\ Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Vectorworks\ 2019\ Ins

taller ; exit;

2019-07-10 19:21:36.624 Vectorworks 2019 Installer[704:16067] *** WARNING: Textu

red window <AtomNSWindow: 0x7fefccc6ba80> is getting an implicitly transparent t

itlebar. This will break when linking against newer SDKs. Use NSWindow's -titleb

arAppearsTransparent=YES instead.

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

[Process completed]

Just to follow up - Julian and I were able to solve ueli's issues with installing.

Sometimes on macOS the "sudo" command breaks (I'm not sure how, but it's unrelated to installing Vectorworks). Our installer requires this tool to work. The installer tests for this now, and if it's broken will give an error message rather than doing a partial install.

You can test this by typing "sudo echo hello" in terminal. If it says something like "sudoers is world writable" then your system has this problem. If it asks for a password and echos the text "hello" back at you, it's working. There are some less common states where sudoers.d or other related objects may have improper permissions, but this is less common (this is also what "repair permissions" used to fix, but it seems like Apple has removed that functionality from diskutil in recent releases of macOS)

To fix sudo, we used finder to set permissions of the file /etc/sudoers to read-only. Once sudo is working, installation can proceed.

• Like 2

It is a mystery some times but at the end, we were able to find the problem thanks to Tim and Julian from Vectorworks.976267989_ScreenShot2019-07-16at10_59_37am.thumb.png.af5287ebd5fe18b36526d1426faa985e.png