SHEET LAYERS SCALE

lcda

Question

5 answers to this question

Design layer scale is purely a visual convenience to the user nothing more and doesn't impact the BIM FULLNESS either positive or negative.

It does help people better convey intent by always having an eye on how the output will be read by others.

It should stay. After all, why invest time to make the program worse?

If you use the software full bim there's no case to use scale on design layers, I mean you are doing a model of the reality, you don't have to print in design layers but sheet layers is another story it could be in both for those legacy of 2d fans but when you want to dimension objets on sheet layers you have to go to annotations, look at sketchup for example.

2 hours ago, lcda said:

If you use the software full bim there's no case to use scale on design layers, I mean you are doing a model of the reality, you don't have to print in design layers but sheet layers is another story it could be in both for those legacy of 2d fans but when you want to dimension objets on sheet layers you have to go to annotations, look at sketchup for example.

No, at all times you are modelling what you want to be the reality.  Call it BIM or Legacy this hasn't changed.

You can't get it built currently without convincing other people to build it. Design Layer scale is useful for keeping you focused on the current aim and doesn't take away from modelling in anyway. 

Guest SMannVW

I recommend setting the Design Layer scale to the same scale that you plan for most of your Sheet Layer Viewports. This will reduce the amount of effort needed to adjust line weight and text scaling between Design and Sheet Layers.