Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Image sampler?

Nomi

• Marionette Maven

There is nothing in Marionette's shipped content that will do this, though a couple of years back I wrote a node that will read an image, that data can be used to do this.

These files may not be updated properly for 2019, if you come across an error when installing the Python modules, please let me know which OS and VW version you are running and I will update the scripts to work.

Original file, extrudes the pixels as rectangles to a height based on their brightness:

User modified file that seems to result similarly to what you are hoping to achieve:

• Like 1

Hi Marissa,

Thanks! Your script that extrudes rectangles works a charm. When I run the second one I encounter the error shown in the photo below - any thoughts? I can go ahead and rewrite a similar script based on your initial one, but figured I'd see if there's an easy fix!

Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 9.39.26 AM.png

• Marionette Maven

This error is due to Vectorworks changing how it reads paths between 2018 and 2019? (maybe the switch was earlier, I cannot remember)

I believe that you should be able to just copy my read image node and my GetPixRGB node from my file and replace the ones in the halftone file, I'll take a better look in a bit.