Vision default color temperature

Hi

Vision assigns a mix of color temperatures to imported fixtures. Megapointes, Source 4 and others get either warm or cold beam assigned in no particular order. I can set them all to the same by just re-entering the value in the color temperature field in vision, but I prefer not to have to touch anything in vision since I re-import frequently.

Here is an example of the different whites on some of the aforementioned fixtures, this is true for highlighting in Vision as well so definitely no dmx coming in

CT.thumb.jpg.7d55749b9b7783556f3c7acb7f4001bf.jpg

Does anyone know what this is about, am I missing something?

Thank you

Edited by fuberator
added an image

Hi

I know right? Its quite creative

I just did a test. MVR does not mix up the temperatures. Unfortunately using MVR has not worked well with the file I am working with. Slow export, incomplete etc so I am stuck with ESC for now. Another VW employee has kindly offered to help me figure out MVR in another thread.

Is MVR replacing ESC?

Edited by fuberator
  • Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
22 minutes ago, fuberator said:

I know right? Its quite creative

🤣

22 minutes ago, fuberator said:

I just did a test. MVR does not mix up the temperatures.

I was worried this may be the case...

27 minutes ago, fuberator said:

Unfortunately using MVR has not worked well with the file I am working with. Slow export, incomplete etc so I am stuck with ESC for now. Another VW employee has kindly offered to help me figure out MVR in another thread.

My suggestion here would be to mix and match ESC and MVR to get the result you want. It seems like some things work in ESC and some things don't. Everything that does work in the ESC file format can be exported from VW into an ESC. Everything that doesn't work in the ESC file format can be exported from VW into an MVR. You can then open the ESC and Merge in the MVR (or open the MVR and Merge in the ESC, either way should work).

27 minutes ago, fuberator said:

Is MVR replacing ESC?

Absolutely. ESC is an incredibly buggy file format and not worth repairing. It will be faster and we believe more beneficial to our End Users to bring MVR import up to snuff.

• 4 months later...

If you select a light that is "white", what is it's color temperature in the Property Window?

If you select a light that is "amber", what it it's color temperature in the Property Window?

It's been a while since I've seen this. Perhaps you could post/pm this file as well and we can see if we can reproduce and see what problems may exist in the code.

4 minutes ago, fuberator said:

So i created a new document in vision and merged in the rig again to check for you, this time they came in correct.

I'm glad that you managed to get things working!

FWIW, I downloaded your zip, launched Vision 2020 SP2, clicked File->Open, navigated to your MVR, and opened it with default MVR Import options. All of the color temperatures seemed to be correct.

Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 8.13.30 AM.png