Edit Revision and issue data by worksheet

Does anyone know how to access the revision and issue data via worksheets?

I've had a huge amount of so-called revision notes to drop into each sheet and the usual title block manager way of doing things will take an age. Ideally I'd like to do direct entry with that, so any hints and tips would be really appreciated

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @RussU,

In VW2019 it is possible to make this for Issue Data only. You could easily create report with Issue Data values from Tools->Reports->Create Report and see what formulas are used in the database headers. Keep in mind that Issue Data is document wide and changing the description for an issue of one TBB will change it for all TBBs that have this issue.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1

thanks @Nikolay Zhelyazkov Useful to know.

I don't think I'm using the issue/revision functions as they should be, if that's the case.

There's not much in the way of clear documentation in the help files or video tutorials either.

If you could point me in the right direction of some useful info, that would be excellent. Thanks again.

Thank you, very interesting.

It's shown me that I am not using revisions and issues properly. I have revisions on each sheet, but no Issue data at all. So when I go to create the worksheet there is no issue data available to me.

As you mentioned I cannot change the revision data in this way.

I have not looked at it in a long time, but it used to be that the Issue and revision data were stored in a record.filed combination, but in an almost unusable format in a worksheet.

Each issue of revision had multiple fields that were named differently for each separate issue (something like date1, date2, date3, name1, name2, name 3...) While you could put these into a worksheet, they would not line up with all of the dates in one column, names in another, etc. If you did the work get them to line up, you still would not be able to edit them from the worksheet.

I gave up on trying to use a worksheet for editing revisions.

Hi All - Not sure if this should be a new topic but: Is it possible to have an issue register customised to show the revision number of each sheet at the date of issue?

I've added a couple of screen shots to show the current default issue sheet and a butchered customised one which I've just written over the top to illustrate what I'm hoping to achieve.

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 11.22.39.png

Screenshot 2019-07-08 at 11.25.07.png

Edited by sophiecanaris