Vectorworks Freezing When Selecting Reference Marker Tool

Bryden Scott

Question

Hi there, 

First post! Have been searching on the google but it seems no one has posted about this issue. While trying to select a reference marker tool in one file, Vectorworks freezes. It's been consistent in this file since this afternoon, I've tried shutting Vectorworks down, restarting the computer. I can quickly box select the markers and delete them if I'm very fast (tried dragging one from another file that I worked on all morning with no issues) but the problem still persists. Other files seem to be intermittently freezing on selecting the reference markers, but this one file freezes consistently. Haven't had an issue like this persist for this long in my short 2 years on VW. A colleague of mine opened the file on his computer with a different OS and he experienced no issues. It leads me to believe this may be a VW 2018 / Mojave issue? Going to keep at drawing to see if the issue maybe fixes itself, but any recommendations are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryden

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Bryden Scott,

If this issue has not yes been resolved, please can you share a screenshot of the About This Mac (Apple logo > About This Mac) and About Vectorworks (Vectorworks > About Vectorworks) windows.

My guess is that you've got Vectorworks 2018 SP4 or earlier which is incompatible with Mac OS 10.14 Mojave.  If this is the case, you will need to update you Vectorworks 2018 to SP6.  You can do this by going to Vectorworks > Check for updates > More info > download the service pack update and run it to go through the update process.

Hi guys,

Thanks for your responses, the issue went away with the drawing over some time and different people working on it. I've still been experiencing freezing issues similar to the previous but now they are a little less predictable and can last for the same duration of time (5-10mins usually). I apologize for the delay, and not having the specs up yet, here they are.

Thanks,

Bryden

VW2018 SP6

Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 9.50.19 AM.png

Edited by Bryden Scott