Cloud Revision Tool Not working Correctly

El Dinyo

Question

I modify revision clouds with add and subtract surface commands.  For some reason, Vectorworks 2019 remembers the previous configuration and will erase the previous modifications made to the revision cloud.  This worked in previous versions of Vectorworks. The lastest service pack vectorworks SP4 does not fix the issue.

This does not only effect adding and clipping surfaces.... it effects moves.  If you move the revision cloud and then add a surface, the resultant revision cloud will reflect the cloud BEFORE you moved it.

I had a similar issue before with a 2D Path Plugin Object that I created, but there was no response. I am having the same exact issue with the cloud revision tool.

Adding a surface to the original revision cloud:

image.thumb.png.032968bfd1a38d47a5ec1e8d194d80c3.png

Then i revise the cloud again by adding another surface:

image.thumb.png.92fa8079cc3651744d32308acdd6916e.png

The final shape does not reflect the 1st add surface command.
image.thumb.png.4ef8fa7511d90103e274f0f917662470.png

4 answers to this question

Seems like all 2D Path Objects are broken in this manner in Vectorworks 2019.  Vectorworks.....please fix!!  This same issue is severely hindering the usability of a custom plugin object that is important to our firm that we have used and developed for 8+ years.

Edited by El Dinyo
clarity

Hello all,

picking up this old thread because I'm curious:
Are you @El Dinyo using this method from the beginning of creating a cloud? Or is this realy a cloud from an old revision, that you edit at a later stage?
Because I couldn't find a way to convert any shape into a revision cloud as you can do it in "other software" e.g. by going REVCLOUD>O(bject)

Or is there a way and I haven't found it yet.

Thanks

No, my question was actually aimed at trying to fix a custom 2D Path plugin object that I have created that creates shearwall objects that use these polygons.  We use this method to modify the polygons since it is by far the fastest way of doing it.

If I could get Vectorworks to fix their issue with revision clouds, it would in turn fix my issue with my custom 2D path plugin object.  It has since been fixed so I am happy regarding this item.