Janvin Lowe

VW 2018 crashes when Gridline object is selected

As indicated in subject, when I select the gridline object (created by gridline tool) VW hangs (Mac pinwheel).

Any clues as to why or a fix for this bug?

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

@Paulo Ferrari yes, I'm on SP6 - I've since deleted those buggy instances of the Gridline entity and have replaced them with manually created symbols.

For specs:

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2016)

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Radeon Pro 450 2 GB

Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB

MacBook Pro.spx

Edited by Janvin Lowe

@Paulo Ferrari I disabled Automatic Graphic Switching but no luck.  That's after rebooting as well.  I thought this might be an isolated issue with this file I'm working with but I just opened a brand new file and initiated the Gridline tool but once the gridline was complete, VW hangs (Mac pinwheel).

@Paulo Ferrari  Update:  I left my desk with VW hung for like 8-10mins and it unhung itself but as soon as I panned around, it hung (pinwheel) again... so there's definitely some VW process that is getting hung up but is still working in the background... very strange... such a simple tool can create such havoc.

@Janvin Lowe As your .spx says, you are using 10.14. mojave, right?

Please try to undock your object info palette restart vectorworks and try to work woth the gridline tool again.

Alex

@Alexander Thiel  Yes, I am on Mojave. My object info wasn't docked to the screen nor to any other palette to begin with - so what I did was disabled the option "allow floating palettes to dock" just for extra measures.  Then I initiated the Gridline tool and created a gridline but immediately after, VW hangs.  But after 3-4 minutes VW unhangs and I gain my regular cursor back (ie. not a pinwheel). However, as soon as it is selected, VW hangs again.

The only thing that I think changed since I was able to properly use/edit/select Gridline entities was before I upgraded to Mojave, so that might just be the culprit - I hope this is enough to allow it to be investigated as a bug fix for future service pack releases.

Thanks for your responses thus far.