A.D.K.

Worksheet Improvements

Question

Can we please get the ability to freeze rows/columns, and the ability to edit more than one cell at a time?

Thanks!

• Like 4

6 answers to this question

My two requests for worksheets:

- Make the functionality and interaction more like Excell/Numbers (formulas, moving cells, merging, etc)

- The ability to import, export and reference cells/columns/data from an external spreadsheet file (or have the worksheet portion of the file .vwx file separate and externally editable.)

Hope I didn't hijack your thread!

• Like 2

Hijack away!  I'm trying to coordinate with my GrandMA fixture layer exports, and gosh darn if it ain't tedious at the moment.  And the opportunity for human error is huge.  Are your requests for similar reasons?

A bit like the freeze column / row wish, I think:

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 1:53 AM, JMR said:

A bit like the freeze column / row wish, I think:

Exactly, amigo. 

Dear Sir and/or Madam.

I endorse this thread whole-heartedly.  Ideally, at least some basic spreadsheet functionality should be present in worksheets. You should be able to cut and paste more easily, you should be able to extend a value or series of values along rows or columns (for example type 1, 2, 3, and highlight further with it automatically filling in the subsequent series - or at least it should be able to populate a single value along a column).

Failing this, I believe a reasonable request would be to at the very least be able to copy and paste between worksheet and standard spreadsheet of your choice. Currently, we are halfway there - cutting and pasting does preserve values and cells from worksheet into spreadsheet.  Unfortunately, cutting and pasting back the other direction results in all values being paste into ONE cell in the worksheet.  - If multiple cells with the same number of rows/columns are selected when you paste, then all the source information is pasted into each one of those worksheet cells. 

I hope the worksheet gets the love it deserves. 

Edited by GoodPeter
  • Like 1

Agree with the above points to:

(1) freeze columns rows

(2) split worksheets 

Further, would like to see the following:

(3) use ‘Text Style’ and ‘Cell Style’ for formatting 

(4) increase the logic test with formula [if(a=b(c,d))] from the current 14 levels limit to at least 50 levels