Setting out sloping pad for underground car garage

First Garden Design

Question

I must be the oldest greenhorn in the business but after returning from a mental illness, consequently loosing my short term memory/ Although using Landmark since 2004  I have totally forgotten how to generate the pads etc., to set out an underground car garage beneath the wall of the house. Can anyone let me know how I do this is 2019 landmark. My sincere thanks.

Ken H

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@First Garden Design Hi Ken, welcome back. Hope you are doing well. You can refer to the videos on our Getting Started Guides for help with Site Modifiers. Here is a link to a specific video that I think will help:

https://www.vectorworks.net/training/2019/getting-started-guides/site-design/creating-site-modifiers

Thanks!

• Love 1

Hi J. I hope this is your Title.

Many thanks for your help. I will go through it now to find into work for me. This entire site is in negative and I wondered if that was the reason it wasn't working. I'll let you know how I get on. Its a pity your'e not in the UK. The only help one gets here to give comment only if one is charged £500.00. Not good for someone with lose of major memory.

Kindest regards

Ken@

HI J

I have been through all these up to now but they still don't allow me to set a pad, whatever system down below the house line. Perhaps it's me. On a small point, I remember in 2015 in a PDF file from the UK it was pointed out that one starts at 100 feet as VW doesn't like negative measurements. Will this be the case. My front door is naturally zero then the steps down and especially the garage beneath is down to 2500mm minus. Just a thought. Perhaps it would be good if I have a 'Buddy' somewhere in the world. Mine is ken@firstgardendesign.co.uk