Acip79

Data Tag Label vs Reference File

Hi,

I have a question on data tag label. does it works on reference file? coz i separate model file from drawing/sheets file. do refer the image on how i setup my file. for info i am using project sharing workflow.

Thanks in advance.

1960683928_ScreenShot2019-07-03at9_52_35AM.thumb.png.e2a66d387357eee9b45984884a7eb947.png

* the only elements that the data tag label detect is spaces. door,window,wall etc are not detected.

* only door that are not inserted in wall will be detected.

Edited by Acip79

Hello Acip79,

The data tag should not work with Reference File. The ability to tag space/door in reference file is a bug and we will remove it. We do not allow tagging object from reference file, because if you removed the object, the model will not know for this until you update the referencing.

Best Regards,
Kostadin

Klvanov,

Separating model files from sheet files is standard practice for workflow. How am I supposed to efficiently tag objects such as walls if referenced models cannot be tagged?

Best,

Joshua

• Like 1

Hello Joshua,

This is good remark. We will try to find a solution for this.

Best Regards,

Kostadin 

• Like 2