Building DTM's from survery data

Pamela

Hello all, I am new to BB's as well as VW. Formerly and still a devoted Acad 2004/LDD user, this thing is driving me nuts. I read through the previous posting and agree the best thing seems to be to forget Acad commands. I know what I want to do in VW and know what I could do in ACAD, but can't seem to get there from here.

I am a landscape architect, just relocated to a new firm, hence the program change, using VW 10.5 something (I think). Here is the problem can anyone tell me how to the results I am lookign for, if they can even be found. We survey our sites with a GPS data collector, I have that information downloaded and even maganed to build a surface (DTM) of the existing site. Problem is here, the site has existing retaining walls (and yes we surveyed the top and bottom of the wall) in places the DTM relects this vertical face, but in others (again I have TW and BW elevations) it does not. In LDD you could use break lines to force a change to make the existing surface reflect this change?

What are my option here? Thanks for any help

I seem to recall reading that the DTM engine that VW licenses can't cope with vertical faces.

Try off-setting the top of your retaining wall back just a little and update the model (?)

As you're using DTM's; have you any experience using the site modifier tools? (read my post"is the site modifier tool broken?)

cheers,

N.