shinavn

Mirror Lighting Devices !!!

Question

Hi,

Attached is a video to show what happens when I mirror a lighting device vs a 3D symbol. I need the lighting device to mirror how the 3D symbol does. You will see that the lighting device mirrors normally, and then flips again.

Thanks

3 answers to this question

Lighting devices are designed not to be mirrored because the mirrored object does not exist in the real world. When you mirror the lighting device should automatically be duplicated and rotated into the proper position.

If you really want a mirror of the device then I suggest you duplicate the original symbol and then mirror the geometry in the duplicate. Shouldnt take more than a couple of minutes.

I'm not seeing the video - but the automatic flipping of a LX device after it has been mirrored is a feature - like a self-righting boat (not a bug).

It allows you to mirror a single instrument or an entire half of a symmetrical lighting plot about its line of symmetry while keeping the individual devices & their associated Label Legends orientated correctly per @klinzey