Help with rotating hybrid objects

I have read through the forum regarding rotating hybrid objects and it appears you can't. This is problem for me as all my symbols are hybrids and they have records attached to them with costs, descriptions etc. that I require. Is there anyway around this as I need the record kept attached. I have over 100 symbols and to recreate/duplicate some of them in a differnt axis so that I can rotate them is a major job.

Can anyone help.

Satman68

If the plugin is not insert in wall put in Top view (not Top plan) and convert it to object then make it a symbol and "voil?" you can rotate the symbol in any direction on any view, of course the plugin no more exist but worse is nothing.

Sorry for my english.

I agree completly with the need to be able to rotate symbols about other axis than the Z. I understand the complexity involved with that process though, since the hybrid symbols' 2d portion no longer accurately represents the 3d portion. I did a project that had a raked floor, and consequently needed to rotate all of my walls and furniture to match the incline of the floor. My solution was to create a working plane that matched the rake of the floor, and then create symbols using that plane for the 3d portion.

I sympathize with your pain though, of having all of those symbols with records and not being able to use them.