Tools you never use

There are a ton of superb suggestions in the wish list, some of them very basic. Counterpoint to this, I was thinking to ask what tools people have NO use for. If others then respond maybe we can spread the wealth.

For me a couple are:

Patterns: Isn't it time we let these go? Does anyone still find them useful? Did anyone ever find them useful?

And

The Fixed Point Resize Tool: I see how it works, but when do you really use it?

Patterns are worthless the way they are setup. You can't change the default pattern which means you always waste time re-doing the pattern. Why can't a default pattern be changed to set the one you are using. If I remember it's fixed on pattern #3 for some reason.

You can't edit all the patterns as only a fixed amount are editable.(who came up with that one)

I agree...fix them so they work or get rid of them. Why are the simple things so obvious to us users and not to the developers??

Tom in PA

Fill Patterns are part of the OS, and have been incorporated into nearly every piece of software you can think of. Way back when (10 years ago?) they were quite the thing! I agree that they are now passe (sorry I don't have an accent for the 'e'), but there are some good alternatives, especially in VW's. I use hatches a lot. I also use stipples and hardscapes. As Kevin says, if you don't like it you don't have to use it (although in the case of fill patterns I'm nit sure you can actually remove them :-)