Dual Dimension Scale bar?

Can one have a scale bar, or a second one for that matter, that shows metric in the same document that uses feet/inches as the document standard (or vise versa for that matter)?

I have a project for which I am using dual dimensions but cannot seem to find a similar function for the scale bar. It appears that the scale bar is designed to reflect the dimension standard that is tied to Document settings > Units that in turn is limited to one standard at a time, which for me is usually feet/inches.

Happy to know if I am missing something. 

@RGyori I've run into the same problem, but the other way round. The work-a-round I found was to open a blank working file with Imperial units (I think in your case you would open a Metric file), create a scale bar, Ungroup the scale bar then save the resulting objects as a symbol then import the symbol into my document. Not elegant, but it works. 

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

@RGyori I've run into the same problem, but the other way round. The work-a-round I found was to open a blank working file with Imperial units (I think in your case you would open a Metric file), create a scale bar, Ungroup the scale bar then save the resulting objects as a symbol then import the symbol into my document. Not elegant, but it works. 

@Jim Smith Much appreciated. Might have stumbled across the solution in a month or two 🤔😱🤔. Sometimes inelegant is all you've got.