Lighting devices not not appearing in Lumion

Hello,

I´ve been looking into Lumion with the livesync feature etc. Livesync looks amazing and the renders are super fast, however i can´t get the lights that i placed in Vector to show in Lumion. The fixtures show up, but they emit no light.

Is there a way to convert your lights into Lumion or would you have to light your scene in Lumion? (Lumions lights do not work for my purposes unfortunatley)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I check with the engineering team that works with Lumion. They told me that Lumion has not implemented lights via their API as of yet so we don't have the ability to create lights in Lumion from Vectorworks.

@klinzey Thanks for a quick answer. Do you know of any workaround/other program or such? Heard about another program called Syncronorm that someone used in conjunction with VW and Lumion, although i dont know too much about it.

If not then i guess we would have to go with VW + C4D and a faster render plugin for Cinema like Redshift.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Probably not. If it's not supported in the Lumion API there is no official way to create lights. Try posting in the Rendering forum, there is a larger community of rendering focused users in that group that might have some additional information.