Rendering Viewports - OpenGL bugging

Hey guys I'm trying to render an exterior elevation of a building I've modeled.

I'd like to use OpenGL as a main rendering mode so I can display shadows and colours for the site model, and Hidden lines as a secondary rendering mode to emphasize the linework.

However, whenever I change the main rendering mode to OpenGL, the building disappears and only the site model remains. when I hover over the building's location with the selection tool, some geometry outlines in grey and I get points to snap to, so the building is obviously still there, it simply doesn't show.

Layer and class visibilities are all absolutely normal, and when I enter the viewports by double-clicking and choosing "edit objects in section" (I make my exterior elevations using sections at the bottom end of the wall), the building reappears and shows normally. Exiting back to the Viewport deletes it again.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

@Hans-Olav yeah I created this "presentation sheet" (or however it is called in english), gave it A2 dimensions and a 300DPI resolution, and created the viewport on that sheet.

I didn't create a design layer if that answers your question.

Google tells me this is called a sheet layer in english. That's just the standard way of creating viewports isn't it?47452584_Capturedecran2019-06-26a15_33_08.thumb.png.4a3d295aff88637271269ed217c79ebe.png

1473022772_Capturedecran2019-06-26a15_32_56.thumb.png.9e759268dbce826a0f74fe55b79fd925.png

Edited by Phileas

@Hans-Olav Exactly what I did.

Except you can't have openGL as the background render (the option doesn't show in my OIP, only hidden lines is possible).

So I have OpenGL as the front and hidden lines as the background render.

I'll show you my problem:

here's the setup you described. You'll quickly notice there are no shadows showing and no other openGL components like colour either. I't just a plain hidden line render, despite OpenGL beeing the front render.

I skipped the VP update, here's a screenshot of the end result:

26983996_Capturedecran2019-06-26a16_10_38.thumb.png.794bf457506b3633447657c0fb009547.png

no shadows, no colour, just  hidden lines. Something's obviously wrong with OpenGL.

watch this and if you understand anything of what is going on please help me. I just don't get it.

All my viewports behave like this.

File in Attachement:

EXE CR59.vwx

@Hans-Olav Thanks for your help man

I've played around a little with the options I have, and came out with this:

842448541_Capturedecran2019-06-27a15_33_08.thumb.png.da2bb1b4a8e8f25f30759f175533dc6f.png

I like the design like this, I'm really happy with it 🙂

I drew above the site model with polys to get rid of the triangulation of the 3D polys making the mesh, and drew polys with a "Shadow" class above the shadows of the openGL model with 600DPI to get vectors (polygons/polylines) as shadows instead of pixelated ones 🙂

• 1 year later...