I've run into this issue when ganging fixtures.

I create the "gang" but the label has the two fields offset from each other -- in my case, the circuit name is higher than the circuit number.

I've ganged fixtures many times but have never had this happen before. I've tried rebooting, restarting and all the usual tests. i created a new drawing and it's still happening.

The two-fer object properties are as follows:

Style: >un-styled>

Corner: Arc

Gang by: Circuit

Field Vale

Is there some kind of a symbol/group layout that can be modified to correct this?

Thanks.

VW 2019 sp4

image.thumb.png.047a7072085102145fad917b3aa6d7b4.png

image.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Dave

This is the result of the interaction of the ganging tool's preferences with the label legend assigned to the lights.

As you selected the option, in the ganging tool preferences, to gang 'by circuit'' you will get a 2 part label for the ganging object (this will also happen if you select the option gang 'by channel and dimmer'). This is because in both of these cases the ganging tool label label is referencing the data in 2 data fields and combining it, 'by circuit' references both the 'circuit name' (top) and 'circuit number' fields from the fixtures.

The horizontal offset that you can see in your example appears if you have set the one of these fields to 'right reading' in the label legend assigned to the fixtures. The easiest way round this is to prepare a label legend for the fixtures that you plan to use the ganging tool with , that does not have any right reading data fields in it.

• 2 months later...

Is this the same challenge with the label legend itself?

I'm trying to find a way to keep the instrument label consistent independent of how the light is rotated.

However, as you can see in the example below, some numbers rotate and the "e2" -- which is made up of two fields --at the bottom of the fixture changes place depending on the rotation of the fixture.

Ideally I want it to look the same for the fixture in any direction but neither right-reading or any other option seems to solve it.

Do I need to make a separate label for when the fixture is rotated differently?

label test.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I tried what you mentioned and it still didn't work.

Attached are my settings and what they do... any ideas would help 😉

Pic #1 illustrates what I'm seeing when I've applied to legend to the fixtures and then ganged them.

Pic #2 shows the 2d layout of the legend. Circuit name and number are on top of each at the bottom in blue but offset horizontally. The text is all aligned as CENTRE.

Pic #3 shows the fields -- none are "right reading"

VW ganging 1.jpg

VW ganging 2.jpg

VW ganging 3.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Currently, to the best of my knowledge there is no way when using the ganging tool to avoid the vertical offset, as it is displaying 2 data fields at once, this a limitation of the ganging tool.

A work around would be to combine the power patch data into a single field, either using one of the circuit fields (name or number) instead of both or if that is going to cause problems for your paperwork set the ganging tool to display dimmer and copy the patch data there.

Another option is to use the spotlight cable tools, when assigning circuits to a plugbox, you can gang them and it will insert an icon to show this on you plan.