Disappearing plant symbols in rotated view--plane problems?

99% of the time I work in rotated plan, placing plants directly on the design layer (I know it's possible to place them on sheet layers and avoid rotation-based issues, but I explicitly don't want to do this).

Problems are 2:

1) Plants disappear when placed. They can (usually) be brought back by toggling "unified view", though weirdly it doesn't matter whether it's toggled to off or to on. Presumably this has to do with the working plane in rotated plan, but I can't figure out what the problem is or how to fix it.

2) The rotation of the plants themselves (in the OIP) are at the plan rotation, not 0, which creates havoc with the plant tags.

Screenshot shows "disappeared" Osmanthus symbol. If I toggle Unified View OFF it reappears!!! 

I can deal with the second problem by realigning tags and leaders (somewhat arduous), but the first problem is now close to intolerable.

Plant tool has _always_ been a nightmare, but I've now realised how ridiculous it is that with big jobs it's actually now quicker to work by hand, which shouldn't be the case.

Can anybody help?

--------------------

Windows 10

VW2016

screenshot disappearing plant symbol copy.jpg

Edited by m deasy