Callout problems still persist........

......even after I installed the WinXP update. This time I imported an AC2004 .dwg file and when I went to use the callout tool not only was the text width set to '0' but the Marker Style was now set to No Marker. The text width problem was supposed to have been fixed in the 11.5 update, but I guess not. Another problem that occurs with this particular tool, I went to place a callout and when trying to use anything other than the 'No Marker' at the leader end the leader line would disappear. Editting in the OIP had no effect. I could only use the 'No Marker'.

Any thoughts............

Tom in PA

Well, I just started a new file a few moments ago and went to use the callout tool and low and behold, it still is wacko! ...and this is a virgin file started from scratch. Opened up the Callout prefs and Width was '0', Leader shoulder was '0', Marker was set to 'No marker', vertical position was 'Top' not Auto.

Does anyone else experience this type of problem with this tool or is it me?? If anyone else sees these things why am I the only one complaining??

This tool really needs looking at by NNA.

Charles....are you out there.........

Thanks.

Tom in PA

I just opened up VW this morning and got a new file open and clicked on Callouts again, just for the fun of it. Checked Callout Pref's and they are all wacko with everything set at '0' and when set it will not draw a leader line with anything other than 'No Marker'. All other leaders with markers disappear. Obviously a problem......don't you think?

Time to re-load VW from disc again........

Tom in PA

I have a similar problem. In a new file, I've tried to set the marker to something other than no marker (dot, arrow, etc.) and can't get anything to show up regardless of how big or small I make the marker. Leader lines and text are fine. This is getting fishy and smells like a bug.

NNA?

This is very interesting to me. I probably use the Callout Tool a couple-dozen times every day with none of the wierdness you both describe. We've had some problems with the database feature when the database is on a remote machine or the server, but once the preferences are set the Callouts perform consistently.

We've really appreciated the new symbol option. . .we created our own pointer.

I wonder if you just need to trash your preferences file so VW can reset. (At least this is what we'd do on MacOS)

Good luck,

Travis,

One common thing is that jnr and I are on Windows systems which the current update was supposed to address. My problems started after I did the update. So much for checking that one out......Age old adage.....'the cause of every problem is a change'..........fits every time.

Fix one problem cause another as they say...

Hope someone from NNA chimes in soon....

Tom in PA

WinXP

Has anyone from NNA looked at this callout problem yet as this post is getting closer to page 2 limbo land??

I can't beleive that there are only two posts to this problem which appears to be Windows related. Are we the only two Windows users that use the callout tool??

Since it doesn't look as though this is going to get acknowledged, let alone fixed or worked around, I'll just have to go backwards in time and re-install 11.0 and then the updates to 11.5 to get me going again.

Frustrated again.........

Tom in PA

I did just get the situation Tom has described in a file I had started a while back. Just had to set the Callout Preferences Leader Options in my case. The setting saves in the file fine, but the "All new docs" check doesn't seem to apply.

[ 05-06-2005, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Delmer ]