Saving to PDF

Bob Keenan

Question

I have VW 2012 Fundamentals. I have always been able to save a drawing file (Arch D / 24"x36") by "printing" it to a PDF. I don't have a plotter, so I save the files then have them printed at a shop. My old computer operated Windows 7. I have a new computer with Windows 10 and I can't seem to be able to save or "print" a drawing file to PDF with the correct size. Any suggestions? 

8 answers to this question

I think the old PDF export was recently taken out of the Fundamental Version.

(Like a few other functionality)

IMHO the workaround was by Print Dialog and choosing a PDF Printer Driver.

(As I see similar in other Software too,

taking out PDF export could have to do with Adobe Licensing)

Export PDf was added to Fundamentals I think in 2018? It wasn't present in 2012 Fund I'm pretty sure. 

On Windows 10, I'm fairly certain you can just go to File > Print and then it should usually offer Microsoft Print to PDF as a printer choice. You might need Adobe Reader installed to see this, but I always have it so I'm not sure if that's the case. But thats just OS level, and nothing to do with Vectorworks itself.

If it worked on Windows 7 but you don't see the same thing on 10, then it means you may have had a third party PDF utility installed and you might need to go get it again for your new machine.

Jim,

I can go to "Microsoft Print to PDF", but I can't "print" it in Arch D with this. I don't have a plotter, so I "print" the drawings to PDF, then have a print shop print hard copies in Arch D. I'm guessing the Microsoft Print to PDF only recognizes the paper sizes that my printer can handle. I can't find an Arch D setting in the Microsoft Print to File. I've been planning to purchase a plotter, so this may be the nudge I need. Thanks for all of the help.

On 6/24/2019 at 11:38 PM, zoomer said:

Funny, Jim W marked as Greenhorn feels like time travel.

Yes, the least VW could have done for Jim was to allow him to keep his well and heard earned status and likes. (Maybe launch a petition for that? 😀)

@Jim W Good to see you are still around, thanks for all you've done on (and off) this forum. Much appreciated.