problems with room name tag

Isn't the room name tag 'Room Name Simple' - the one in the Drafting Tools menu on VW 11.5 meant to adjust to the scale of the drawing?

I've been using it for the past 3 days on a file set up at 1/8" scale that has been referenced into separate drawings at 1/16" and 1/4" scale and previously it always adjusted to print and display at a consistent text size and now it is no longer doing that.

It is scaling up and down like any other text object but on some files it still displays at the correct size. (I am aware of the text scaling option in the viewports and everything is still at default scale factor '1'.

How is the scaling of room name tags meant to work? I was hoping to avoid having duplicate room names on the different scaled drawings.

[i am using VW 11.5 on Mac OS 10]

thanks,

brian

The room name tag ordinarily maintains output text size for me, meaning it alters in relative size with reference to the drawing. Quite often with these text PIOs you have to make some modification to them so they re-read their referenced scale and adjust accordingly.

As far as I know, their text size is controlled solely in their OIP. Plain old text on the other hand can either scale (change font size) or not, depending on what you have checked in the layer scale dialogue box.