text size in benchmark second posting...

• 1 month later...

i have notice this occuring in files that were started in versions older than 11.5. not only is it font size, but font types and styles. i scoured the bulletin board for solutions, but none could be found. its a real pain, but i have never had the problem in new file versions. its less of a problem for me since those older files i don't use much anymore (old projects that are finishing construction). hope this clarifies...

He He he ... I love the way that BenchMark just cannibalizes the screen as soon as you switch out of ViewPorts and then back again. It tells me that my TrueType Fonts are mathematically pure and that I need to avoid using the ToolKit Plug-ins which require Text Input in ViewPort annotations. On the brightside the font enlargement process is seamless and instantaneous. i wish the same could be said for select/deselect of polygons ; )

Jim,

I just tried taking a new file and making a viewport with a benchmark in it. The text scale jumped to the super size as soon as I moved it. I'm on VW 11.5.0 on a Mac (in case my updated profile doesn't show up). I don't think sticking to new files is a solution, at least on a mac. I have started using the suggestion of grouping all my benchmarks together to speed up fixing the font size when it jumps- per a suggestion in a post I found last night.

Eric,

Interestingly, I've not had anymore problems with the Benchmark font issue in files started entirely in 11.5 . . . although I haven't needed the Benchmark PIO much the last couple of weeks.

Are you by chance using a template that was created under an earlier version? And are you confident that the font you're using is TrueType and not corrupted?

Good luck,