Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Frame Script

I got this 3D Script that makes a frame like the one in the picture. This script changes the size of this frame and even adds material that would skin the frame with. 

My question would be if possible to make an upgrade on the script by having the frame have holes that I could change its location in a given frame size . 

If its possible I can provide the script and also it comes with parameters. Thanks .

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 2.02.59 PM 2.png

Edited by josue Corona

Hello JBen . I do not Build this frame I have a script that with a click can automatically make it and I can change the spacing of the toogles using the Object Info Pallets, what I was wondering if within the script is there a code that I can add so it would also make the holes, and I can use the object info palette to change the location of the holes . 

Where I work the holes are always symmetrical and usually same spacing . 

Thank you.

Are you saying that you did not create the script, or are just reiterating that you are using a script-based solution?

Your first step is to determine how you want to describe the holes in the OIP. Are you providing the distance of the holes from a reference point (like the top)? Do you have a quantity of holes on regular centers?

To script the holes, create extrudes in the manner you did to create the frame. You may also need to use SetEntityMatrix() to rotate the holes into position. Use SubtractSolid() to make the holes into negative space.

• 1 month later...

Thats correct I did not create the script, someone else did, and I just want to make to better.

The holes will be 3/8" diameter

the reference holes could be from any corner of the frame. 

the frame we make usually are symetrical so if top corner hole is 4" apart from the corner on the left the right hole is 4" apart from the right corner. 

I will send an attachment of one of our frames with dimension. 

thanks for your help. I willl try to use the script text you wrote for now.