Christian Fekete

wall recess shows filled wall in plan

Hi Everyone,

I have an issue with wall recess features in this particular drawing I am working on. I got it working many times before but this one is giving me trouble. Here is the screen shot of the file and I will attach the vwx file also. Thanks for taking the time to review

Best

Christian1368654247_ScreenShot2019-06-18at12_48_31.thumb.png.5072fffd850ce3763c73b994ec9dd516.png

Untitled 4.vwx

Hi @Christian Fekete,

If you select the Wall Recess that is currently shown as a solid (where you want to see the opening), the OIP will give you a field to set the Cut Plane height. If you set it to a height that is within the actual Wall Recess height, the opening will show.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

OMG I thought I did that, thank you for clarifying, what a relief. 

This little movie is great, how do you do that?

You are most welcome! I’m happy to help.

I made that little movie using Snagit, a great screen capture tool from Techsmith. It allows you to record just a specific region of your screen, which is very handy for focusing attention. Snagit is a superb tool for taking & saving screenshots and annotating them, but it also works well for shooting short videos. For longer videos that involve more post-production, annotations effects and audio tracks, I use Screenflow from Telestream, which is also amazing.