DATA TAG text layout flip

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

yes, depending where is the data coming from, the issue here is that if you use static text the flipping will occur, I managed using record formats to add prefix in the formula - data tag layout (unstyled), edit dynamic text/tag field, pick the record formula than add in front of it what would be otherwise in static text.  Once that is done then tag works with horizontal auto positioning.

• 4 months later...
On 12/3/2020 at 12:32 AM, TKA said:

yes, depending where is the data coming from, the issue here is that if you use static text the flipping will occur, I managed using record formats to add prefix in the formula - data tag layout (unstyled), edit dynamic text/tag field, pick the record formula than add in front of it what would be otherwise in static text.  Once that is done then tag works with horizontal auto positioning.

I get your idea which is nice but is it still possible to have a User-entered Field with your method ? 

To pick @drelARCH example : 

first tag : "SS 31.1"

second tag : "SS 21.1" 

where "SS" is the prefix in the formula and where "31.1" or "21.1" can be set manually (User-entered Field, not linked to an object). In other words, is there an User-entered Field formula ? 

Edited by Stéphane

Yes you can have a user entered field. It is at the bottom of the Define Tag Field dialog box. The data is entered by clicking the Edit Tag Data button in the OIP.

But it does not look like you can have multiple parts (like a prefix or suffix) in a manually entered field. You would have to do multiple fields to get that functionality.

image.png