getting started...

I've watched the 'inserting truss' tutorial, but am wondering if there is something similar for attaching lighting instruments to trusses.

I'm currently trying to figure out the best way to take a lighting plot, that is sent to me with straight truss, and replace that truss with a particular type of truss (insert truss) while having all of the lighting instruments attached to the new truss. Adding the truss and hoists is easy, but I don't know where to go from there so far as getting everything attached so that I can calc the rig.

thanks,

Chris

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

At this moment there are not any Braceworks specific training videos to my knowledge.  If you do have Braceworks questions I tend to be the one who builds and sets up the truss for Braceworks so feel free to DM me and I may be able to assist you.

• 2 weeks later...

If there's an answer to this that can be publicly posted instead of DM'd, I'd love to read it.  I'm learning as well.

I seem to be able to hang fixtures on pipes and trusses ok, but moving them to a different hang position after the fact (or, as is my current struggle, to a different truss cord) is a bit hit and miss.  I end up deleting a reinserting fixtures a lot, which cannot be normal.

@Chris Burton possibly stupid question, but did you convert the truss to a hang position?  It's an incredibly awkward mechanic, but it's the thing to do.