Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Plane not deleted after planar boolean

STA

Hi Forum,

I have created a marionette network to create new symbols for our company's library.

After a lot of trial and error, I am almost there but can't figure out why the offset and extruded body in the middle is still there, although it shouldn't be after the planar boolean and delete.

The created frame should be hollow on the inside like this.

My process for now is:

Type in proper dimensions->wait for the black screen to go away->ungroup->delete inner body->create symbol.

I'm sorry about it being in German, I hope that it's still understandable.

Thanks in advance

Sebastian

BeMatrix Marionette V4.vwx

• STA changed the title to Plane not deleted after planar boolean
  • 1 month later...

That‘s what I mean. After copying the entire network the three wrappers that import symbols (which is just a shortcut to declutter for me) have the opposite input connected but still to the same wrapper which results in the bug in your screenshot.

• Marionette Maven

With regards to the wires/ports swapping, this is similar (if not the same as) an old issue between VW versions; Marionette was updated to alphabetize wrapper ports, sometimes when editing networks that didn't update themselves, the ports will change position but the wires may not follow correctly.

I'll look around our bug tracking to see if I can find the original bug, if I can't find it, I'll try to get a new one reported.

I started digging around this file back when it was first posted, but unfortunately didn't have enough time to diagnose. I'll try to take another look as soon as I have time.

• Like 1
  • Marionette Maven
58 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

I don't know if it is an issue in Marionette, but in Vectorscript I am very careful to not start any variable names with the letter P. If you start with P and later reuse the code in a Plugin Object, it is treated as a Parameter rather than a normal variable.

This is a non-issue with Marionette/Python scripts.