missing (mirrored) 3d symbols in section backgrounds

PO4

Question

I think I just found a bug:

I have a section with background view enabled (only visible lines). unfortunately mirrored 3d symbols are not displayed. if I mirror the symbol, the geometry appears. funnily enough, on the 2nd and 3rd floor, which are simply layer viewports of the 1st floor, the symbols are displayed correctly...

can anyone confirm?

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 12.22.10.png

5 answers to this question

I made a file illustrating the problem. can someone please confirm and add this bug to the list of things to fix? this is driving me nuts, do I really need to create a mirrored symbol of the same geometry? vectorworks really need to fix their geometry normals issues!!!

test.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi P04,

Try editing the symbol's Front 2D Component and delete the object within. There does appear to be a bug in displaying the Front 2D component properly, but the geometry you have there for that symbol does not look like it was intended to represent the 3D component.  Simply deleting it should correct the problem.

Hi Matt

Thank you so much for that solution! I have no idea how that geometry was added to my 2d view since I never edited them (only the plan view). it's interesting too that the original geometry is displayed correctly while the mirrored geometry is not...

Again, thank you!