Default viewport scale

I figured it out, might not be of help though.  YOu have to set the scale in the design layer and your viewport will default to that scale.  I have been going back and forth.  I used to draft 1:1 because exporting and importing various files handled 1:1 better.  However recently it was presented to me that you will see the Hatches correctly if you work in a scale in the design layer.  It also helps when labeling furniture.  I used to do furniture in annotation layer to move with annotations.  Now I do that in a design layer as a class I turn on or off.  Mostly because directors plans are not something that are independent but being referenced from the original design file, as well as referencing stage plans for the ground plans.  This way revisions will track across all drawing and only revising one.

Finally on a Dept that is all vectorworks and it is working fantastic, we even use workgroups as way to do a drawing with multiple designers~!.

Hope that  makes sense.