Vendor 3d parts & Quantum Computers

So it seems that the suppliers that DO provide 3d content...provide the actual fabricated part...which is way to detailed for 3d cad work...

Note the VW model in the middle...neat and clean with useful labels...

ok so i'm thinking that the detailed model is for MCAD systems...but still...how does one snap to the center of a threaded hole...its off set by natural geometry...

and how does one snap to the proper depth of a threaded hole...(specs say 0.75")

So the red model is 4.7mb object (plain no symbol)

the VW Symbol with all the text etc is 554kb

212186069_ScreenShot2019-06-14at1_53_13PM.thumb.png.7be24b67f47d40dcd7db26ac52973336.png

I also downloaded a ABS fitting from BIMObjects one time...the model had all the date stamp stuff that gets molded into the actual part.

While the image below is a pic of the actual part...(I delete a while ago) all that labeling thats molded into the actual part was part of the 3d download...which makes for a high polygon count... I understand why its happening...who wants to make 2 models, one for fabrication and one for CAD assemblies...

So 3d vendor parts is a dead end or one is going to need quantum computer to handle actual fabricated vendor parts...

abs-fittings-c5808hd4-64_1000.thumb.jpg.f8cb75ffb4d58a94fd69e34c55eb7b4c.jpg

Edited by digitalcarbon
  • Like 1