Landscape areas: plant numbers

I am using landscape areas to specify the amount of plantsper square meter, is there way to limit vector works to just specify odd numbers of plants and to round up areas? For example if I have an area of 1.5sqm and I plant at 4 p/sqm the output would be 6. Is there a function to bump up to 7 within the landscape areas tool ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

No, there isn't a way to do this in the Landscape Area tool directly. My initial thought was that you would be able to do this using a worksheet function on the schedule produced by the Landscape Area... but I can't figure it out. I even got my top spreadsheet brain, UK Director of Sales @Adrian Slatter onto it, but after a while of muddling it over, he's declared he will have to think about it... If we find a way, we'll post back to you.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Well, you're in luck. A long wait at the airport has put Adrian Slatter's brain to the test and he has come up with the Round function in a worksheet to produce the results you want. Please see the attached file which contains a worksheet based on the standard Landscape Area with Plants example. This now includes a new function to the right of the quantity, which looks at the quantity, and then makes it odd. Thank you @Adrian Slatter

Landscape Area Rounded.vwx

• Like 2