Data tag for existing trees

Hello everyone

I'm trying to sort out how one can create a custom data tag. I'm hoping to do so for use with existing trees.

I find the tags for existing tree symbols really cumbersome, for some reason they are much harder to work with when compared with plant symbols.

See image below as an example of aligning tags, plant symbols align easily using the align tool, the existing tree tags never seem to align correctly which leaves one to adjust tags manually which can be a large task if your drawing contains hundreds of ex trees. 

I was hoping to work around this by creating a data tag for existing trees but haven't sorted out how to do this. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

ex plant tags.png

32 minutes ago, Tony Kostreski said:

@J. Wallace Glad you found a resource! I've still gone ahead and attached a quick sample of how to create a custom Data Tag for Existing Tree objects. Hope this helps anyone.

Data Tag_Existing Tree Sample.vwx

Thanks very much @Tony Kostreski That's a huge help. I like the fact I can add a common or botanical name.

Edited by J. Wallace