Two way sheet data worksheet

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @drelARCH,

You could use the Tools->Reports->Create Report menu command, as shown in the image bellow.

изображение.png

However, If you have Auto Drawing Coordination checked in the Title Block Border and Document Options, editing of Sheet Number/Title will not work, as the TBB will automatically sync to the Sheet Layer's data.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

A little more background:

Any data shown in a worksheet using a =Record.Field  formula is two way editable in either the worksheet of in the Object Info Palette.

These can be either custom records that are attached to any object type, or the special PIO record that is used by each PlugIn Object and are typically seen on the Shape pane of the OIP or in the Settings dialog box.

So  ='Door'.'Width' will be two way editable from a worksheet.

=Width  for a door will return the width of the bounding box and will not be editable from the worksheet.

Depending on the PIO, there are some fields that may be read only or that may not behave properly if set from a worksheet rather than letting the PIO do the calculations, so some caution is advised.

• Like 2
  • 3 years later...

"Any data shown in a worksheet using a =Record.Field  formula is two way editable in either the worksheet or in the Object Info Palette."

Hi Patrick,

Are there exceptions to your statement?

for example Why I can not change the value in a Worksheet for a Stake Object

='Stake Object'.'Z Value'

Also I can not find any Record value for regular XY coordinates, like 

= 'Stake Object'.'X Coordinate'

instead I have to use Functions Object-General Data such as:

=XCOORDINATE

=YCOORDINATE

both without =Record.Field option

(I can use Easting and Northing, but it is not the same as YX Coordinates)

Edited by ashot

Yes, there seem to be exceptions.

The Stake object has the Z Value field, but it appears to just take the Z value of the Loci that is the core of the space object. So when you change it in the Worksheet, the code that makes the Stake PIO ignores that change and replaces it with the Z value of the object.  I don't know why other than they needed a place that stored the previous data for some internal calculation.

Most Plug-ins use the object X and Y (and Z) values of the object rather than having a record.field combination to store that data. If you uses a record.field for the data the PIO would have to look up the object X/Y/Z values to determine if it had been moved.

Just some of the facts of life of Vectorworks.