1vekeller

Vectorworks 2012 and Windows 10

Question

I have Vectorworks Designer 2012. I had been running it on Windows 7 with no problems. Since Windows 7 is being discontinued, I installed it on Windows 10. The software seemed to install with no problems. It will not run. I updated it to Vectorworks 2012 Service Pack 5. The update installed with no problem. It will not run. When you double click the icon on the desktop, it looks like it will start, but nothing happens. I would appreciate any help. Here are the system specs.

Lenovo D20

Dual Xeon at 2.9Ghz

48 GB RAM.

NVidia video card 4 GB

500 GB SSD

3 answers to this question

You should probably talk to tech support about this one.  But I suspect that v2012 may have still needed specific version of Quicktime (?).  That may prevent you from running it on Windows 10.

Hi Michael,

You were right. It was Apple Quicktime. The version that was installed came on the Vectorworks disk. When I installed Service Pack 5, I hadn't updated Quicktime. It called for an update to version 7.6.9, but it did not seem to be available. I was able to update to 7.7.9, and it worked. Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

Vern