Hi there,

Unfortunately for me I took the Mac Mojave upgrade. I'm a sole trader working on my own and I was totally naive and took the upgrade thinking it was the best thing for my mac without realising it was going to screw up VW2017. Also I'm not in a position to pay out the £2k required to upgrade to 2019. Luckily I can just about use 2017 in lowest compatibility mode for what I need it for. 

Now there is a new Mojave update and I'm scared to install it in case it will render my VW 2017 completely unusable. Can anyone advise?

By the way, I read on one thread that it was widely advised not to take the Mojave upgrade. I don't where it was widely mentioned by I managed to see absolutely nothing about it until it was too late. So please refrain from adding messages to the thread about how I should have been more aware. The deed is done & I can't reverse it so positive, helpful comments would be gratefully received.

V

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I was/am in a similar position, I was running VW2016 on Sierra on my Macbook Pro Retina and kept getting update reminders to upgrade to Mojave. I took advantage of a recent VW offer to upgrade to 2019 + VSS and some other software struggles, I regret spending out the money on 2019 now as things like the door tool, window tool and stair tool have not been improved, I also find the text tool to be hopelessly 'laggy' and have problems with the file path when publishing.  I have 3 other Macs running VW2016 on Sierra and initially thought that I would maybe be able to use though 2016 on the MBP but it doesn't. It's a pain as anything that I do in VW2019 on the MBP must be saved as a 2016 file in order to share it with the other Macs on the network. I may well go back to Sierra.

• Like 1