Fast Flat v0.9.1

Good point.  I'll take a look at it again.  The last request in this thread was to not force the classes on the user.  And in my own entertainment and especially architectural drawing, I HATE classes that come into the drawing unbidden and mess up my navigation palette.

Thanks for all your feedback, Peter.  If you hadn't pointed out what a hot mess this tool was in metric it would have never gotten fixed.

I went round and round on this same issue with my little seating chart tool.  Not sure if I made the right decision.  I might have ended up with half the baby.  By default classes are created for all the different data types, but then they are not assigned.

The way I use the tool, it's almost useless without assigning the standard classes, but I'm cautious about forcing classes.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you're trying to figure out the relationship between the height of the brace and the height of the flat, I couldn't remember it either so I just looked it up.

It checks the height of the flat.  If the height of the flat is under 4 feet, it just uses the height of the flat.  If the height of the flat 4 feet or more it subtracts 1 foot from the flat height.

So a flat that is exactly 4' tall will have a shorter brace that a flat that is 3'11".  Sigh.

That sounds like a terrible way to do that  :-).  Especially for the majority of the world that uses a rational measuring system.