creating reports with selected objects

Hi, Is there a way to create a report with selected objects. I am creating a planting schedule with data from a master plant file. Is there a way I can create a schedule for a selected number of landscape areas and individual plants without creating one for the whole site?

You can edit the criteria of the Database of the schedule to limit it to whatever you want.

Open the worksheet for editing. Check the Worksheet View menu and make sure that Database Headers is checked. Right click in the Database Row Header (i.e.. Row 2, not 2.1, 2.2, etc.) and choose Edit Criteria. Add additional criteria to get what you need. The easiest options are probably to isolate the landscape areas by Layer or Class. If you don't have too many, you could also name them (at the bottom of the Object Info Palette) and then set the criteria to Name Is "Your Name Here"

• Like 1

Thanks for getting back to me Pat. 

I have tried using the criteria to filter out what I need. Putting objects onto a separate layer is what I thought would work and it does to an extent. The report is generated yet the fields are populated with any data. See screen shot. Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 17.59.57.png

• 9 months later...

Now I can see that there is a Selection State criterium.

I need to play with these, but do I understand it right, that every time the schedule is to be recalculated the right set of items needs to be selected?

Also, I understand that for different set of criteria, different worksheet templates need to be created/ saved in the Resource Manager. I noticed that when I simply duplicate one and change the criteria, all duplicates follow the behaviour.

Edited by Michal Zarzecki

Yes, you are correct. If you use a selection state criteria it will use the objects that are selected when the worksheet is recalculated. If you are really looking for different “sets”, you are probably better off finding some way to mark those objects than the selection state. Perhaps attach a custom record format with Boolean fields for your different sets.  Or maybe nested classes.

i don’t exactly understand your last paragraph.  If you have a worksheet in the Resource Manager it has a set of criteria. If you duplicate it and change the criteria in the duplicate, only the duplicate should change. There should be no link between different worksheets. 

7 hours ago, Michal Zarzecki said:

I noticed that when I simply duplicate one and change the criteria, all duplicates follow the behaviour.

He means duplicating a worksheet instance not a definition.

So yes worksheets are like symbols in that manner. 

3 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

If you duplicate it and change the criteria in the duplicate, only the duplicate should change. There should be no link between different worksheets. 

Yeah, this is what I thought when I first did it, but after exiting the Worksheet Edit mode both of them got updated. Perhaps there is a relevant option somewhere.

OK, so you are correct. If you duplicate the worksheet IMAGE placed in the drawing, you are not duplicating the worksheet (which lives in the Resource Manager), but only the display of the data. Both are linked to the same worksheet. So if you use either one to edit the criteria both will change.

If you duplicate the worksheet itself in the Resource Manager, then there is not link between the two worksheets.