Changing number of Channels/ changing mode of a lighting instrument

Hi All - I'm trying to figure out how I can change the number of (dmx) channels taken up by my custom lighting instruments.  They appear to default to 1, and it's a field that doesn't appear to be able to be modified via the properties pane. (it's there but grayed out)

On other fixtures, it looks like changing the fixture mode changes channel numbers - but I can't seem to make custom modes (although it would allow me to select from all the other modes by manufacturer, which is not very helpful).

can anybody offer any tips here?

thanks so much in advance.

thank you, tried it - it doesn't work if "none" is the only mode selected - but i DOES work if I also add another mode to the dropdown and then pick 'none".

I guess that's solved then so long as i put a "dummy" mode into the field too. 

Still - that only seems to solve the issue for specific instances - i'm looking for an entire lighting instrument resource.

Edited by GoodPeter

This seems like a bit of an oversight.

-Users should definitely be able to add modes to their own custom fixtures.

-Users should definitely be able to add "missing" modes to existing fixtures (ARRI Skypanel S60-c, for example has only 2 of its almost three dozen modes in the database);

-and "unrelated" modes shouldn't come up in the dropdown menu for certain fixtures (it looks like every single available mode for all fixtures in the database are available to be assigned to any lighting instrument- but obviously nobody will ever need modes from fixtures X Y or Z to be assigned to lighting instrument W for example. The current way is just a lot of clutter).

• Like 2