Granite Sett Inlay Construction Drawings

Hi ALL,

I need to make up construction drawings for the above, has anyone had experience of the material as there does not seem to be a resource for it at all.

Also any wall construction detail help would  be good, ie correct scale an bed depths, soldier courses as i don't really want to be drawing every brick!

Regards

Stuart 

On 6/5/2019 at 6:19 AM, Stu Wilson said:

Hi ALL,

I need to make up construction drawings for the above, has anyone had experience of the material as there does not seem to be a resource for it at all.

Also any wall construction detail help would  be good, ie correct scale an bed depths, soldier courses as i don't really want to be drawing every brick!

Regards

Stuart 

The detail is just like your typical concrete paver build up.  Which build up you use is a function of how the sett surface will be used and in what environment.  Example, in a residential or low traffic application, you will usually have a base of compacted aggregate and a sand setting bed.  In a vehicular fire lane, you will likely have a concrete base and a mortar or sand setting bed.

Edge details vary with your design objective, but concrete banding, grouted in place pavers, steel edging, or plastic edging are common, depending on the strength requirement.  Marshalls in the UK probably has details and specs on their website, as they are a good manufacture of such products.  Pavestone in the US usually has good details and specs as well.  The Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute (ICPI) has reference material for designing base and bedding profiles, based upon loads and slopes.

In terms of drawing it in VW on plan:

1. draw your hardscape shape with a poly line or other suitable shape.

2. Right click on the shape and choose “create objects from shapes”

3. Choose “hardscape”

4. Configure the hardscape as needed.  You won’t have to draw all those joints and the border, VW will do it for you based upon your inputs!

Hope it helps,

Jeff

Resulting geometry in 3D and 2D thanks to the hardscape tool.  There are setts in the resource browser, look at Cambridge’s stuff...

20EED611-FFED-4287-9BA1-A3FD3E9F8708.thumb.png.1af663abca9ade9576cc4f60614d0647.png

A3219FC8-CE56-4CE0-8C7B-D980B1BE9A29.thumb.png.51288300c37b969db885a1b7e91d41d9.png

777C3104-FA2D-45E4-BF2C-7201BCB83D8F.thumb.png.bc1c593b9807ba749979da918b8be9be.png