fergus

Break Line Fill

Question

It would be nice if the break line too had a fill that neatly obscured the drawn details. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 16.13.51.png

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

This has been Wishlist previously. Their area couple of free third party plugins that you cld use. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Support the wish!

Here’s a goofy diy version I use:

1.  Create a poly, Eg a square, but all 4 edges have a break line zigzag. Save as a symbol with place as group option - the blue kind.  Use this, or similar (only 2 edges zigzagged?), as Viewport crop. Edit after placing to rescale, move or hide edges as nec. Remember to Ungroup.  This works really well for revealing different areas of a columnar context - Create lowest Viewport, duplicate, edit crop to move it up to next area of interest, exit crop & move the vp down closer to 1st one, duplicate the new vp & move the crop up, etc.

2.  Slightly different symbol has one edge zigzagged. Add fill, usually white, and hide all the edges except the zigzag. Place this on drawing where you want the break, edit to extend the other edges to conceal items beneath.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
  • Like 1

Hey Benson. I highly recommend those third party plugins I mentioned previously. ESP the breakerV tool which does pretty much what you said but with 2 or 3 clicks.