GetSpaceNameForObj and specific layers

I forgot to specify this is in a database header and not a spreadsheet. The object being found is a door so it would not need the T=door criteria. If I add the layer criteria VW hangs (beachball). I don't think the search criteria is meant for the database header as the header already has its own criteria. Unfortunately the GetSpaceNameForObj does not seem to adhere to this for the space names it finds.

The project is a one storey building and none of the space objects have a Z height. Some doors show the expected spaces and also "Room" or "Corridor". Some show duplicates of the Room name in a slightly different format (possibly from older versions) but I cannot find them, even with all layers and classes turned on. I've tried custom selection without success. Not sure what to do at this point.

Well, I am not sure how to share privately. However, I have "solved" the problem. I deleted half my layers and recalculated the worksheet and the problem went away. So I took another version of the file and started to delete the layers one by one and found the offending layer. First I deleted the layer and the problem went away. Then I undid the layer deletion and instead deleted all the the objects on that later(none of which were space objects), and the problem persisted. Then I deleted the layer and recalculated and the problem went away. Some random layer was the problem why a worksheet was incorrectly finding space objects.

6 hours to solve this one.

We are having a real hard time with VW2019. There are so many glitches. I've been using this software since 1993 - however my new employees think VW is garbage.

If you still have a copy of the file with the problem, click the Bug Submit link under the Community header at the bottom of this page and submit a bug. Ask them to send you an upload link to send them the file.

That is the best way to help make VW less "garbage".

By the way, almost all software is garbage in most peoples opinion. Read any software forum and they all sound similar to what gets posted here.

I will be submitting it. I would not have spent so much time to solve the issue if I did not care about using VW as I do want to see it improve. I fear at this point, however, it is starting to collapse under its own weight. I honestly don't know-how a program with 1000+ tools and commands keeps functional at all. I think trying to be all things to all people may have finally had its day. Thanks for your help - it is appreciated.