Wall to roof association not working

lgoodkind

Question

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a roof to properly meet a wall.  The image says it all - the gable ends aren't working - the structural/insulation component is different on each pitch when the wall is the same along the entire side.  All walls are properly joined.  I've sunk hours into this -- I give up.  Attached is the file if anyone can figure it out.614937882_ScreenShot2019-05-31at1_18_51PM.thumb.png.36d35b9ccf4ba5566b29ecca7a2bd65d.png

ROOF TEST.vwx

2 answers to this question

@lgoodkindHi, it is working correctly, it extends to the roof surface above and you have 2 separate components out there. Either make the roof eaves with thickness or all not.

It helps to place the roof on a separate design layer to be able to turn it totally off when needed. It also allows the wall to fit to the design layer and not getting confused

HTH

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alan Woodwell

Thanks Alan.  Though this is what I am trying to do - as shown in the image from the help here

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2019/eng/index.htm#t=VW2019_Guide%2FRoofs%2FCreating_Roof_Components.htm&rhsearch=creating roof components&rhhlterm=creating roof components&rhsyns=

I am not able to accomplish this as shown no matter what I do - to have the core insulation clipped by the walls as in real life.  You are showing the insulation going beyond the walls under the eaves - not how we would show it or build it.