Variable and Fixed Angle Truss F34 0-25Deg

We are using these F34 0-25° Variable Hinged Junction (2.5° Incremental Settings) to connect straight Cosmic-Global truss to create a "curved" truss for hanging a curved projection screen.  For ease we tend to shape the screen to correspond with the house rigging points.

https://dq.com.au/product/f34-0-25-variable-hinged-junction/

Braceworks doesn't seem to support hinged junctions and there doesn't seem to be any connectors less that 45° for Cosmic-Global F34.  Ideally we'd like to run calculations on the assembled truss esp. total point load for each of the hoists, even it it mean having multiple symbols defined in 2.5° increments that we could use to create the system.

Has anyone run into this problem or seen any solutions?

Thanks

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

At this time Braceworks does not support hinges or variable truss junctions.  What I have recommended users do is to use one of the existing hinges and create custom angled corners to suit specific needs.  As long as the symbol is setup correctly and there is a cross section calculations will be able to be performed.

Thanks Justin,

I have created a custom junction (attached) but I am struggling to figure out the L1, L2, and L3 values that you need to set in the custom configuration (corner) settings so that it connects correctly on both sides.  The flat side connects properly but the angled side does not.  Are you able to assist with the shape I've drawn to shown to show where each of those dimensions is actually located ?  Unfortunately I am having trouble attaching the 3.1Mb VWX file to this post. The shape is 50mm at the narrowest side, long sides are 290mm and the angle between them is 10 degrees.  Thanks

Untitled 2.jpg

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@ghunter I have attached a screenshot showing what L1, L2, and L3 correspond to on a corner.  I have also attached a down and dirty file with a 10° wedge that is properly setup for you to use.  There is no 3D truss geometry on this object, it is just an extruded polyline but it is 10° corner that will snap.  Hopefully, if you need more angles you can use the example as a guide to layout your other angles.  In the meantime I am going to contact Cosmic and see if I can get drawings for this hinge so that it can be added to the libraries.  I know that Vectorworks does not support hinges but at least there will be geometry that users can adjust if desired.

F34 10 Deg Corner.vwx

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 10.48.49 AM.png