Roof Component Junctions

Struggling to get roof component junctions to work properly - it's a fairly complex geometry

Starting off wiht 2 parallel gable roofs that meet with box gutter in the centre. No roof overhangs, concealed gutters on the outside. Focussing on one (the smaller) of the two roofs for now with its two eaves : The geometry means the eaves junctions are different on both roof faces (eaves vs box gutter, see screenshot below). I can set up the components to work ok with the wall around the concealed gutters (even though it took a fair bit of stuffing around with it), but then Vectorworks assumes the same distances that I've set for the junctions for both eaves. 

So the only way I figured to avoid that was to ungroup the roof into two individual roof faces and create a second roof style with different settings for each box gutter and eaves roof face. The problem with doing that is that then Vectorworks seems to use the same offset for the ridge, as it is not linked to the other roof face anymore (you can see the outer skin / metal cladding I've offset from the box gutter in the centre to the right point but it now also offsets that component from the ridge). Using the connect/combine tool doesn't work to fix it. 

Is there a better way of doing this, or has anyone managed to create a roof with a situation similar to this ? (I'll attach a second screenshot of 3D so might make more sense then)? 

Any ideas ? 

Cheers

Marc

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 12.31.07 pm.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-30 at 12.37.50 pm.png

Guest Wes Gardner

@markymarc, I think what you've discovered is a limitation that the program is just not going to be able to sort.  You may have to just "stop" the smaller roof, either with a vertical cut or horizontal cut and then model the connection between the two?

Wes